Risograph Workshop - KSpace Art LabFebruary 2023
- Understand best practices, color theory, and techniques for printing with the Risograph printer through the use of the technology.
- Explore the meaning of home through a variety of image making and reflection.
Understand and apply the historical and contemporary applications of print media and communication by designing an original poster.
Week 1 - 2/4/23 - 12-3pm
- What is Riso/Examples
Week 2 - 2/11/23 - 11am-2pm
Week 3 - 2/25/23 - 11am-2pm
1. Print @ TAMUCC
2. Install @ Kspace
PROJECT: Reminds Me of Home
Home is where one starts from. - T. S. Eliot
2 layer Risograph poster, edition of 10
Step 1: Object Studies
Activities (10-15 mins each)
- Write down why your object reminds you of home
- Draw the outline of your object quickly 5 times, don’t let your pen leave the paper
- Draw your object from 2 different perspectives
- Trace your object
- Write down what home means to you
- Bonus: Take a photo of your object this week and bring in a small print.
- If your object could make a sound, write down the sound it would make. Now draw what the sound will look like.
- Draw a closeup (small section/crop) of your object
- Write down a favorite memory about your object
- Use words to describe your object (ie- sharp, round, etc). Draw other objects that share those same descriptions.
- Draw a scene where your object is doing something it does not usually do
- Draw your object using existing shapes twice. Cut out 1 set of the shapes and rearrange into something new.
- Write what home means to you again (has this changed since last week?)
Feel free to do each activity a few times, if you don’t like what you’ve made, try again – it’s nice to have options. Use dark colors when writing and drawing. Don’t make the drawing too big, you can fit a few on a sheet of paper.
Step 2: Assemble
- Cut out each activity/image, seperate everything you’ve made as much as you would like.
- Place your cutouts on separate transparencies (seperate colors). Consider how they might overlap by holding them up to the light.
- Secure the paper onto your transparency.
- Feel free to make edits, you don’t need to include everything you’ve made, only your favorites.
Year in the bottom left.
Title of your object in the bottom middle.
Sign your name in the bottom right.
Video - Risograph Printing
Riso Printing Guide - English
Wheat Paste Recipe
Risograph Studios to Know About