Artivive Workshop - TXSTMarch 2023
A state of transition between one stage and the next, an in-between period, typically indicated by disorientation or uncertainty.
- Define liminality in relation to Augmented Reality.
What is a liminal space? Examples?
How might the concept of liminal space connect to the concept of AR?
- Understand and explore the Artivive tool.
- Research and design a project that explores liminal space.
How might the knowledge of liminal spaces inspire and engage designers to solve real world problems?
- Liminality Discussion
- Demo Download
PROJECT: In-between PlacesIn this brief assignment we will experiment with liminality and augmented reality.
- Register for a free Artivive account.
- Download the Artive app on your mobile device.
- Select a liminal space. Be ready to explain what you select and why.
- Brainstorm and source three (3) visual media or elements that help visualize your liminal space in Augmented Reality. At least one piece of media should include motion (video, animation, GIF, etc). For ease of upload use video files 2-3 minutes in length and image file size should be no more than 5MB.
- Assemble the layers into a new project in Artivive Bridge. Make sure that your source image is easily recognizable. Consider the use of Artivive features including audio, transpariences, and 3D space.
- Test on your mobile device. Make necessary changes.
- Share with classmates and recieve feedback.
Youtube to MP4 Converter https://ytmp3.plus/157-youtube-to-mp4/
Liminality Wiki https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liminality
Liminal Design Paper https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fpsyg.2023.1043170/full